Team River Runner Public Relations Plan
Public Relations Plan Overview
The Team River Runner Public Relations staff will develop and implement a comprehensive public relations plan and timeline that fits the budget, targets the desired markets and promotes Team River Runner. The objectives of our promotional efforts will be to:
- Increase awareness of available services to veterans
- Increase donations and funding
- Position Team River Runner as a positive, vital force in the veteran community
- Establish viable working partnerships with business and industry.
- Increase positive recognition, enthusiasm and support for Team River Runner as a leader in delivery of quality help and therapy for American veterans.
This strong, working public relations plan will include:
- Identifying and targeting existing markets
- Identifying and targeting partnership opportunities for business and industry.
- Identifying reasonable timelines to achieve the desired goals
- Developing appropriate tools to effectively communicate the desired message or messages to Team River Runner target markets as follows:
- Team River Runner clients
- Indiana State University Veterans
- Board members
- General population markets including the following current and potential markets in Terre Haute, Indiana:
External Markets, Current and Potential
- Wounded veterans
- Community service leaders and organizations
- Neighbors – businesses, homes in the immediate geographic location
- News media
- Local veterans programs
Increase enrollment, heighten public awareness and enlist active material and financial support for Team River Runner as a way to assist with the recovery of those injured while serving our country for the Terre Haute community.
Utilize proven communications tools to effectively reach the target audiences.
Identify and coordinate participation opportunities for Team River Runner in the community and through events such as being on a television station and displaying promotional materials at the Veteran’s Museum.
Increased awareness and heightened support and enthusiasm for Team River Runner. Contact the head of the organization to see if more people attended the practice after receiving publicity.
Research, write, design and supervise production of publications developed to reach each of the target audiences with the appropriate message as well as continue to develop and maintain Team River Runner email lists of contacts, prospective contacts, business and industry leaders, internal audiences and media.
Design and produce fliers as needed for programs. Distribute via email and social media.
Increased enrollment and heightened support and enthusiasm for Team River Runner.
News Media Relations
Increase enrollment, heighten public awareness and support of Team River Runner as a valuable veteran and therapy resource.
Name a staff member to act as mass media contact for Team River Runner, working with newspaper outlets to develop good press relations as follows:
- Write and supervise distribution of press kits and news releases
- Feed ideas to business editors
Increased awareness and exposure resulting in increased support and enrollment
Increase enrollment, heighten public awareness and support of Team River Runner as a valuable educational and training resource.
Strategy: Name two students to act as social media coordinators for Team River Runner posting information daily to develop solid relationships and build brand loyalty.
- Develop message guidelines
- Develop message timelines
- Develop appropriate social media messages
Increased exposure to target audiences resulting in increased awareness and assistance.